We finally did it. I am moving forward with my secondary business and growing another stream of income doing something I am passionate about.
I am starting a meal prep business launching in October is the target. I have seen so many of my friends struggle with the other services like Blue Apron and Hello Fresh and I decided there could be a open door for me here. Yes I know the market is saturated with these types of services but I want to take a different approach if the client allows me too.
My service will have 3-4 options and they get to choose. There is the option for us to prep together in your home, me coming to your home and doing it alone, I prepare menu, recipes, grocery list and you prep it on your own, or the custom service where we plan what you want. The first 2 options will be a limit of 15 meals and a hourly minimum and a mix of breakfast, lunch and dinner. As a secondary offering I will grocery shop for your session as well with a fee plus cost of groceries. My mission is when I leave they have the knowledge to be able to do this going forward, maybe they use the menu service or if all else fails I am in their house maybe every 10 days. We will see. The pricing was the hard part but when I look at other services out there I think I have priced it fairly and there will be some bonuses along the way.
What are your thoughts? Would you allow someone in your home to prep your meals for the week? Would you want to learn alongside them for future prepping alone? what about having a girls afternoon and prep some basics like 2-3 meals then go home with 3-4 recipes?
Comment below and let me know your thoughts. I am super excited to launch this locally in Indianapolis and US based for the menu basics. Stay tuned so I can help you and your family eat healthier and stay out of the drive thru’s!
Today is Day 1 for my next 30 day challenge with IDLife. Each month since January IDLife has sponsored a transformation challenge. Top male and female wins a $1000. In February they added the Top 5 would win a workout with Jen Widerstrom from the Biggest Loser and also an IDLife investor. I set this as my goal and on March 10th the winners were announced…… My name was the second one to be called!!!!!!!!! I can’t tell you the emotions I went through, first I was like what is that my pic, then I was like wait a minute that is my picture, then I wanted to rewind the video but it was a FaceBook Live so I had to wait until it was over to watch it again! I started crying when it hit me that I had achieved the goal I sat out to hit on February 1st. I believed in myself and so many around me did as well and I couldn’t believe we had achieved it! At that moment I knew exactly what would be next, set the goal to win the $1000 in March. I have 38 lbs left to hit my ultimate weight loss goal of 88 lbs. I will achieve it this year and maybe even by my 47th birthday in June. But if not by June I will not beat myself up and I will continue down the journey. The weight didn’t come on over night and won’t be released overnight.
So today is Day 1 for the new challenge and I spent all of Sunday doing meal prep and making sure my excuses were covered, meaning there is no way I can order pizza, or run through a drive thru because I didn’t plan lunch or dinner. Breakfast is covered with my IDLife meal replacement shake. With all the standing at the counter and stove yesterday I think I aggravated my SI joint so I was hurting a bit. I am hitting the gym tonight to work out this SI pain it will be some light bike work but I will achieve what needs to happen.
I took some time off from blogging and was working on the business, FT job and home! But I am back and ready to start in again talking about REAL life events. What has been going on with you?
Here are some funny highlights of what has been happening in the last month or so with me and my family.
- I went to Dallas for a leadership weekend with IDLife and it was awesome!!!
- I did a weight loss challenge in February and released 7 lbs and 8 inches! Part of my motivation this month was to earn the workout with Jen Widerstrom in April. She is an investor with IDLife and is doing a private workout for those that earn it! Stay tuned winners announced March 10th at 4pm ET.
- Our daughter is acting 16 when she is 10 1/2 Lord help me here!
- Working on earning a trip to Secrets Maroma in May. If you need IDLife product Please let me know all orders by end of March count!
- Planning our annual Vegas trip getaway for my birthday, so excited! wasn’t sure it was happening this year but it worked out.
- My husband acquired a long desired Star Wars item this month! he is my second kid 🙂
- Planning a long weekend getaway for Spring Break.
- Planning some spring cleaning on the other end of Spring Break! I will be focused and complete it.
- Molly the dog is still cute as ever except that one Sunday morning she decided to poop and pee all over her crate and we woke up to that. First time since we got her and we didn’t even sleep in that morning….that was fun NOT
- Preparing for IDLife annual convention in April and super excited to see my family!!!
- Finishing up my 2nd year as PTO president and I can say that I am proud i stuck it out this year but will be glad when May gets here.
I think that sums up the last month for us in our household. What about you?
Stay tuned for more regular blogs and fun antics from my and my family!!!